Terms of Service
The Terms of Service (as defined below) and ComicVid’s app, Services (as defined below) and platforms are intended only for residents of Singapore (the "Permitted Jurisdiction"). No action has been taken by ComicVid which would amount to offering ComicVid’s app, Services or platforms in or from any other jurisdiction, except in circumstances which will result in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations and will not impose any obligation on ComicVid.
If you are not a resident of a Permitted Jurisdiction, you acknowledge that this app is not intended for you to download. If you wish to access ComicVid’s app, Services or platforms, please write in to us at email@example.com. We value your interest and support and will work on making ComicVid available to you as soon as we can.
2. Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up to date version (found at https://www.comicvid.com/terms). ComicVid may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service at any time. Modifications and revisions will take effect 7 days after they have been posted. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights.
3. Whether you are using our Services by yourself on behalf of a business, both you and that business accepts these Terms of Service. You and/or that business will hold harmless and indemnify ComicVid and its officers, agents, employees and related entities from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees.
1. These Terms of Service apply to all users of ComicVid's Services. "Content" includes the text, software, scripts, graphics, motion graphics, animated gifs, photos, sounds, music, videos, video animation, motion videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features and other Content you may view on, access through the Service. The Service includes all aspects of any ComicVid product, including but not limited to software and services offered via the ComicVid app, ComicVid website, share, subscribe and embed features and other applications.
2. The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by ComicVid. ComicVid has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. In addition, ComicVid will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, you expressly relieve ComicVid from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website.
3. Accordingly, we encourage you to be aware when you leave a ComicVid Service and to read the terms and conditions and other policies of each other website that you visit.
ComicVid User Accounts
1. In Order to gain access to the ComicVid app, you would have to create a ComicVid user account. You may never use another user account without permission. When creating your user account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify ComicVid immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
2. Although ComicVid will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of ComicVid or others due to such unauthorized use.
Ability to Accept Terms of Service
1. You affirm that you are not a minor, you are of sufficient age to consent, and competent in your jurisdiction of domicile to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
2.In any case, you affirm that you are older than the age of majority in your jurisdiction, as the Service is not intended for minors. If you are a minor, then please do not use the Service.
General Use of the Service
ComicVid hereby grants you permission to access and use the Services as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
1. You do not alter or modify any part of the Service.
2. If you use the Embed feature on your website, you may not modify, build upon, or block any portion or functionality of the Embed feature, including but not limited to links back to the ComicVid website.
3. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that attempts to forge the presence of a user accessing the site for the purpose of artificially increasing "pageviews," "subscribers," or "likes" or other elements that contribute to a series popularity or advancement within any programs that ComicVid offers to users.
4. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ComicVid grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy Content from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the Content, but not caches or archives of such Content. ComicVid reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
5.You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including user account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, posting) for any commercial solicitation purposes.
6.In your use of the Service, you will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
7. ComicVid reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service or to terminate your user account at its sole discretion at any time.
Your Content and Conduct
1. As a ComicVid user account holder you may view Content through ComicVid Services, including but not limited to comics, images, animated gifs, links and user comments.
2.You shall be solely responsible for your consummation of Content through the ComicVid Services.
3. ComicVid does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and ComicVid expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with such Content. ComicVid does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and ComicVid will remove all such Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. ComicVid reserves the right to remove such Content without prior notice.
4. You agree that accessing the Services is purely for your consumption only; you will not use or share Content for any other commercial purpose.
1. Ad Revenue Program
a. We may use direct advertisers or third-party advertising companies to serve ads when users visit our website. These companies may use information (except for your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
2. Virtual Currency and Purchases
a. While viewing content on one or more of ComicVid 's platforms or Services, you may have the opportunity to visit an in-app or online store. From there you may have the opportunity to use an online "currency" to license a variety of virtual goods such as episodes of a story. You may also be awarded virtual Coins or other currency to use for virtual "shopping." These currencies have no "real world" value, but may be exchanged by you for designated items. Certain items have an expiration date, while others have no expiration date. Each item that you obtain using virtual currency will be included in your account until the earlier of that item's expiration date, your account's expiration or termination date, or such date when the platform or Service is discontinued. REGARDLESS OF THE CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR VIRTUAL CURRENCY, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE ITEMS OBTAINED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY. ComicVid has no liability for loss of your items from your account, provided we will use reasonable efforts to replace such items under certain circumstances in our reasonable discretion. We have no obligation or responsibility to and will not reimburse you for any item or any experience lost due to your violations of this and any other rules, policies, notices and/or agreements. Price and availability of the items are subject to change without notice. You agree that you cannot and have no right to sell or otherwise transfer any of the items, virtual currency or any other content or information included in any ComicVid platform or Service, in whole or in part, to any third person or entity whatsoever in return for anything of value (including "real" money) or otherwise. You acknowledge that any virtual currency you receive on any of ComicVid's platforms or Services is not "real" currency or any type of real world financial instrument. Furthermore it is not redeemable for any sum of money from ComicVid at any time.
b. ComicVid thanks you for supporting our services. Without your purchases and participation ComicVid would not be able to provide you the services we have built and will be improving upon. That said, your purchases and trust are very important to us and we want your experience to be the best it can be.
c. In some instances ComicVid may not own the Content made available to our readers. That being the case there may be times when Content you have paid to be able to view is removed from our platform or Services by the content owners before you have had a chance to view it. If this happens, and if you have made a purchase to view content that is removed within 7 days of your purchase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject CONTENT REMOVED BEFORE VIEWED and we will assist you.
1. You have the right to opt out of the Services at any time by sending a written notification with the subject line "Termination of Services" to ComicVid via email at email@example.com.
2. Users who violate these Terms of Service, tamper with the operation of any program, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to ComicVid, the program or any other users (in each case as determined by ComicVid’s sole discretion) are subject to suspension or cancellation of their user account(s) along with their ability to submit requests for refunds (if applicable).
3. ComicVid will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
4. ComicVid reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, excessive behavior or for being contrary to any of the content and community guidelines. ComicVid may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user's account in violation of this clause.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a written notification with the subject line" Termination of Content" to ComicVid via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warranties and Disclaimers
1. Other than as expressly set out in these terms or in additional terms, ComicVid will not make any specific promises about its platforms or Services. For example, ComicVid will not make any commitments about the Content within the service, the specific function of the platforms or Services or their reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs. ComicVid provides the Service AS IS.
2. Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties.
3. You hereby warrant that in accessing any Content on ComicVid’s platform or Services, you will ensure such your access do not involve the transmission of viruses, bugs, malicious codes or programs, unauthorized computer or human intervention or other causes beyond our control which could affect the operation, administration, security or handling of ComicVid platforms or Services or the experience of other users.
You release ComicVid and any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability whatsoever, and waive (in respect of the Released Parties) any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with any ComicVid platform or Service (including, without limitation, participation in the membership) or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any benefits (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, to the extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
1. The Service will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Singapore. Users agree to be bound by these Terms of Service and by the decisions of ComicVid, which are final. ComicVid reserves the right to suspend or cancel user accounts and any benefits should viruses, bugs, malicious codes or programs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond our control affect the operation, administration, security or handling of the benefits or ComicVid otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the program as planned. In case of bankruptcy, ComicVid reserves the right to deny all benefits and obligations that it may have.
2. When permitted by law, ComicVid will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages.
3. To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of ComicVid, for any claim under these terms, including any implied warranties, is limited to the amount you paid us to access the platform or Service (or, if we choose, to supply you the platform or Service again).
4. In all cases, ComicVid will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
5. In case of any conflict or inconsistency, further agreements (where applicable) between you and ComicVid supersede these Terms of Service.
6. For questions about these Terms of Service, e-mail to email@example.com.